Lilly Pilly – Table Runner ~ Finished size 10 ½” x 20″ (26.7 x 50.8cm)
– A small table runner edged with rows of lilly pilly, combining embroidered blossom, needleturn appliqued leaves and double-sided fabric berries and leaves. The berries and lighter leaves are cut from easily made double-sided fabric and attached to the panels with central embroidery. The edges of these shapes are left unstitched, allowing them to lift from the background and add dimension to the panels. A central row, detailed with a hand-quilted design, and simple patchwork rows complete this decorative project for the home.
– Learn how to create dimensional, semi-detached applique with fused fabrics and a little embroidery. This simple technique can be used to add dimension to any applique project, with both basic and the most intricate of shapes.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
– Solid Off White Print – 30cm x width of fabric – for lilly pilly panels
– Off White Subtle Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows
– Medium Soft Pink Print – 10cm x width of fabric – for central strip & berries
– Burgundy-red Print – A Fat Eighth – for horizontal border strips & berries
– Lighter Green Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork & double-sided fabric leaves
– Medium Green Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows & appliqued leaves
– Backing Fabric – 11″ x 20 ½”
– Fusible Stabiliser – 12″ x 25″ – lilly pilly panels
– Fusible Webbing – 12″ square – double-sided fabric leaves & berries
– Thin Fusible Wadding – 10 ½” x 20″
Notions and embroidery threads
– Stranded Embroidery Cottons
—— Burgundy to coordinate with your Burgundy-red Print – for berries
—— Light Pink to coordinate with your Medium Soft Pink Print – blossom & berries
—— Medium Green – for stems and leaf veins
– Fine thread – for needleturning Medium Green leaves
– A very fine ERASABLE Fabric Marker
– An Applique Glue Pen
– Off-white fine hand quilting thread
– 1/4″ Quilters Tape
– General sewing supplies
You are going to love this BOM, not only because of the gorgeous teddies in the design, but because it is bought to by an Australian fabric designer (Lynette Anderson) and an Australian pattern designer (Libby Richardson).
I do my best to stock and promote Australian products, so I've hit a double here and I love it.
There are a couple of options with the block of the month as there are pre printed blocks all ready for stitching, there is a thread pack, (which includes hand dyed ric rac, felt pieces for the flowers and stranded and perle 8 threads (also from an Australian company, Cottage Garden Threads)
Option 1. Pattern and fabrics only $25.95
Option 2. Pattern, fabrics and thread pack $34.50
Full Kit $340 Plus $14.50 postage
Set of patterns only $120
To order the Option you prefer, go through the process of ordering and leave a message in the final screen, if you have not stated which option then we will process your order as Option 2.
Postage will be $2.50 each month for 9 months, final month will be posted in an Express Post bag $14.50
Just a couple of 'teaser' blocks for you to see.