Lilly Pilly – Table Runner ~ Finished size 10 ½” x 20″ (26.7 x 50.8cm)
– A small table runner edged with rows of lilly pilly, combining embroidered blossom, needleturn appliqued leaves and double-sided fabric berries and leaves. The berries and lighter leaves are cut from easily made double-sided fabric and attached to the panels with central embroidery. The edges of these shapes are left unstitched, allowing them to lift from the background and add dimension to the panels. A central row, detailed with a hand-quilted design, and simple patchwork rows complete this decorative project for the home.
– Learn how to create dimensional, semi-detached applique with fused fabrics and a little embroidery. This simple technique can be used to add dimension to any applique project, with both basic and the most intricate of shapes.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
– Solid Off White Print – 30cm x width of fabric – for lilly pilly panels
– Off White Subtle Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows
– Medium Soft Pink Print – 10cm x width of fabric – for central strip & berries
– Burgundy-red Print – A Fat Eighth – for horizontal border strips & berries
– Lighter Green Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork & double-sided fabric leaves
– Medium Green Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows & appliqued leaves
– Backing Fabric – 11″ x 20 ½”
– Fusible Stabiliser – 12″ x 25″ – lilly pilly panels
– Fusible Webbing – 12″ square – double-sided fabric leaves & berries
– Thin Fusible Wadding – 10 ½” x 20″
Notions and embroidery threads
– Stranded Embroidery Cottons
—— Burgundy to coordinate with your Burgundy-red Print – for berries
—— Light Pink to coordinate with your Medium Soft Pink Print – blossom & berries
—— Medium Green – for stems and leaf veins
– Fine thread – for needleturning Medium Green leaves
– A very fine ERASABLE Fabric Marker
– An Applique Glue Pen
– Off-white fine hand quilting thread
– 1/4″ Quilters Tape
– General sewing supplies
The Thought of the Month series includes feelgood redwork designs which can be made into simple wallhanging. They are designed to fit a 6 - 8" wire wallhanger (which we can provide for you @ $13) or tablestand.
Sign up to receive a monthly mailout complete with pattern, iron on transfer and all fabrics required to complete the top and prairie points. There are 9 in the series so far, but Helen has 3 others in the works so there will be 12 altogether. A great little gift that can be whipped up in a day or two.
We can also provide thread if you wish.